2012/09/23

Mobile cloud assignment

I find myself quite free in last week, which is bad sign because it means I did not spend much time on the project. Unfortunately, the problem is not that I did not want to work hard on the project, but I did not have any idea about what to do. The project idea itself is simple, but as the back-end developer for the project, I feel the details of some features are not very clear to me, which makes it very hard to me  to decide what to include in the database as well as the web api.
There are just a few days to the deadline and currently there are still many tasks need to be done. I expect a rush in the following few days, otherwise we may not be able to finish the project well. We are going to have a meeting today or tomorrow. I hope it will clear all my confusions so that I can accelerate the speed.

2 comments:

Polar said...

I hope it's gotten a bit better for you design-wise. :)

Actually it's kind critical that your team settles the API quickly, because the front-end has to interact through this API. The last thing you want is to have an API that does not do what the front-end needs, and the last thing the front end guys want is for you to change your API causing their part to break. ;p

Su Yuen said...

Hi Mansheng! In future, I'd recommend calling up your team member right away to clear any unclear parts. If they give you unsatisfactory answers, drill them until you are fully satisfied.

This is usually what the team leader/project manager should do, ensure everyone is on the same page and very clear about what they should do (and yes, ensure that everyone is constantly working and not in a state of loss).

Hope this helps!